The Victorian Child Safe Standards training is a 2-hour session which provides an overview of the Victorian Child Safe Standards and unpacks the legislative context and requirements of each standard. In direct response to the Betrayal of Trust Inquiry in 2013, Victoria introduced 7 compulsory minimum standards for organisations that provide services to children and young people to help safeguard them from abuse.
- Background to the standards
- Legislative context
- Victorian Child Safe Standards key elements
What are learning outcomes?
- Identify the key elements of a child safe organisation
- Understand the requirements of the Victorian Child Safe Standards
- Help strengthen child safety within your organisation
Who should attend?
Staff and volunteers who work with or have contact with children and those responsible for ensuring your organisation meets the Victorian Child Safe Standards requirements.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can run any of our sessions in-house at your organisation, email our Training team or call the office on 03 9998 9906
To find out when our next Victorian Child Safe Standards public training session is, visit the Upcoming Training page.
The cost for the program, including all materials and light refreshments is $150 +GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.