Aim of training
This three day program provides participants with the knowledge and skills to become Child Wise qualified trainers in organisational child safety. This comprehensive program educates participants about how to prevent, recognise and respond to child abuse, and teaches them the building blocks for developing a Child Safe Organisation. Participants undergo an assessment at the completion of the program to become certified Child Safe trainers (valid for 2 years upon completion of the training).
What are the learning outcomes?
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will have an understanding of:
• Child safety standards.
• How to recognise the behavioural indicators of abuse and understand the impact it has on children.
• Trauma theory and how this relates to your practice.
• Offender behavior and the ‘grooming’ process.
• Legislative requirements.
• How to develop a child protection policy and code of conduct.
• Best practice in child safe recruitment, and how to identify red flags in the recruitment and selection process.
• Talking to children about issues of safety and empowering them to speak up about concerns.
• How to respond and manage allegations of child abuse, including how to respond to children who make a disclosure
• Reporting child abuse - HOW, WHY and WHAT is your responsibility.
• How to manage the training environment.
The cost for the 3 day program is $1,800 +gst. This includes handouts and catering, as well as all resource materials for participants to be able to conduct child safety training.