Aim of Training
This workshop provides participants with vital knowledge and skills to build a child safe organisation and environment through the development and implementation of child protection policies, codes of conduct, child safe recruitment and selection practices, and managing complaints and concerns of abuse. This workshop contributes to any organisations aims to meet their duty of care obligations to provide a child safe environment.
- Understanding child abuse; including intentional harm and sexual offending against children.
- Why do we need a child protection policy and a code of conduct?
- What should a code of conduct address?
- Writing a child safe job advertisement.
- Promoting good practice in recruitment and selection.
- Effective interview strategies.
- Conducting screening and reference checks.
- Managing complaints.
- Empowerment strategies for children.
At completion of this workshop, participants will have an understanding of:
- Creating child safe environments; how to design safer spaces and choose safer staff.
- A deeper understanding of child abuse and the impact on children.
- The dynamics of ‘offender behaviour’.
- How to develop a child protection policy and code of conduct .
- Best practice in child safe recruitment and selection.
- How to identify red flags and screen out unsuitable applicants.
- How to respond and manage complaints of child abuse.
- Empowering children to speak up about concerns.
Who Should Attend
Managers, HR staff or anyone in a position of creating policies and recruiting staff. e.g.: residential care, foster care recruitment, mentoring programs, volunteer programs. This one day training is extremely popular with organisations, schools and governments working with children and young people.
This training program can be delivered on-site or off-site and can be tailored to meet individual needs. For more information, please call Child Wise on (03) 9645 8911 or email .