TRAIN THE TRAINER
Train-the-Trainer is a three day program designed to give participants the skills and knowledge to plan and present effective information sessions in their organisation. This comprehensive program provides participants with foundational knowledge in relation to child abuse prevention and organisational child safety.
- Outline of child abuse, its indicators, prevalence and impact
- Offender behaviour and the grooming process
- Legislative context including the Victorian Child Safe Standards
- Analysis of organisational risk and proactive factors in creating a child safe culture
- Best practice in screening, recruitment and selection
- Responding to and reporting child abuse
- Promoting empowerment of children and young people
- How to promote a safe and engaging learning environment
- How to best communicate messages of child abuse prevention and child safety
- How to assess the learning needs of your audience
- Plan and develop effective child safety communication relevant to your organisational environment
- Deliver information sessions on child abuse prevention to create a child safe environment within your organisation
- Build on your organisational strengths and strategies to embed a child safe culture
Who Should Attend?
Staff and volunteers wanting to gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to conduct information sessions and effectively communicate child abuse prevention and organisational child safety key messages within your organisation.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can run any of our sessions in-house at your organisation, email our Training team or call the office on (03) 9998 9906
To find out when our next Train the Trainer public training will be held, please visit our Upcoming Training page