A society in which children can grow up free from abuse and exploitation.
To reduce the incidence and impact of child abuse and exploitation.
Established in 1991, Child Wise is one of Australia’s leading not-for-profit child abuse prevention organisations. We work to build awareness, deliver education, and provide the tools to empower individuals and communities around Australia so they can actively prevent child abuse and exploitation.
Child Wise is dedicated to protecting children from abuse by:
- Educating children, parents and carers about risks and personal safety strategies.
- Working with child-focused organisations to improve child protection mechanisms and create safer environments for children and young people.
- Researching and responding to emerging risks to children and young people.
- Helping to shape regional and national policy through advocacy and partnerships.
- Providing information, support and referral to victims, families and concerned members of the public through our toll-free Helpline.
To find out more about Child Wise and the work that we do in communities to prevent child abuse, as well as how you can get involved, download the Child Wise booklet. Download
Many governments, organisations, and peak bodies have relied on Child Wise's valuable contribution to protecting children.
Read some of the testimonials and plaudits given to Child Wise.
Child Wise is the Australian representative of ECPAT International, a global network of organisations and individuals working together to eliminate child sexual abuse and exploitation.