child safe standards
Child Safe Standards training is a 2-hour training program which provides an overview of the Child Safe Standards and unpacks the legislative context and requirements of each standard. This program is in direct response to the findings and recommendations of 2016's Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse and the Betrayal of Trust Inquiry in 2013 which saw Victoria introduce 7 compulsory, minimum standards for organisations that provide services to children and young people, to help safeguard them from abuse.
- Background to the standards
- Legislative context
- Victorian Child Safe Standards key elements
What are learning outcomes?
- Identify the key elements of a child safe organisation
- Understand the requirements of the Victorian Child Safe Standards
- Understand the key recommendations from the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- Help strengthen child safety within your organisation
Who should attend?
Staff and volunteers who work with or have contact with children and those responsible for ensuring your organisation meets the Victorian Child Safe Standards requirements.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can run any of our sessions in-house at your organisation, email our Training team or call the office on (03) 9998 9906
To find out when our next Victorian Child Safe Standards public training session is, visit the Upcoming Training page.