REPORTABLE CONDUCT TRAINING
Reportable Conduct is a 2-day training program which assists organisations to build an understanding of their responsibilities in relation to the scheme. Organisations will also develop skills to properly respond to allegations of child abuse and child related misconduct by staff and volunteers, consistent with the requirements set out by the Commission for Children and Young People in Victoria.
- Legislative context for reporting suspected abuse and organisational obligations under Standard 5 of the Victorian Child Safe Standards (Processes for reporting and responding to child abuse)
- Key elements of an effective reports and allegations policy including best practice in relation to reporting child abuse
- Responding properly to disclosures, concerns or allegations of abuse
- Role of the police and child protection authorities in dealing with allegations
- Role of the Commission for Children and Young People in relation to the requirements of the Reportable Conduct Scheme
- Information or "evidence" gathering considerations in relation to conducting an organisational investigation
- Key element of an effective investigation process
- Communicating about an incident to key stakeholders (including children and young people)
- Exploration of effective strategies for dealing with complex scenarios relating to incidents of abuse within an organisational context
What are learning outcomes?
- Build your understanding of your organisation's legislative responsibilities in relation to reportable conduct
- Identify the key elements of effective reports and allegations policies and procedures
- Examination of investigation processes in relation to dealing with allegations of abuse
- Build confidence in relation to managing incidents of reportable conduct
Who should attend?
Staff and volunteers responsible for the effective implementation of reporting policies & procedures and cor responding to allegations of child abuse within their organisation.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can run any of our sessions in-house at your organisation, email our Training team or call the office on (03) 9998 9906
To find out when our next Reportable Conduct Scheme (VIC) public training session is, visit the Upcoming Training page.