Leading and Governing a Child Safe Organisation
‘Leading and Governing a Child Safe Organisation’ is a 2-hour virtual classroom training program that aims to provide managers and executives with an understanding of the key requirements of operating a child safe organisation. This program will focus on governance related risks and exposure, navigating the complex child safety landscape and addressing stakeholder needs, and the barriers and challenges involved in meeting and maintaining high standards of child safety.
- Understanding child abuse
- Key learnings for leaders from Australia’s Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- Governance and leadership responsibilities and risks
- Key leadership practice and skills
- Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy and Commitment
- Organisational barriers and challenges
- Exploring the organisational child safety maturity scale
In this virtual training session you will learn how to:
- Understand child abuse related governance risks
- Identify key learnings from the Royal Commission
- Develop a general understanding of the national legislative context
- Understand the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- Identify key governance and leadership responsibilities and obligations
- Recognise barriers and challenges for organisations
- Build confidence in ensuring child safety policy is leading practice
Who is this training right for?
This program is for anyone in an organisation in a leadership or management position, or who has responsibility for keeping children safe via a child safeguarding portfolio.
The cost of this 2-hour virtual training program is $135.30 including GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.