Child Safety Champions is an intensive 2-day training program designed to give you the skills and knowledge to lead a child safeguarding portfolio or reform in your organisation.
Participants of this program are provided with a 12-month individual Child Wise Community of Practice membership. This membership provides access to a broad range of resources to support you at work and beyond, and it also includes access to scheduled webinars and events.
- Royal Commission findings
- 10 National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- Understanding child abuse
- Impacts of child abuse
- What makes a child safe organisation
- Creating a child safe culture
- Child safe Procedures
- Risk management
- Participation of children & young people
- HR practices – recruitment, selection and screening
- Where to next
- Impact of abuse on children and young people
- Understand the findings of the Royal Commission and the risks to children within organisations
- Understand your organisation’s responsibilities within the current legislative context
- Learn how to build a child safe culture that promotes the empowerment of children and young people in your organisation
- Learn how to strengthen screening, recruitment and selection processes in your organisation
- Learn how to implement procedures that encourage an effective response to concerns, allegations or incidences of child abuse
Who should attend?
This training program is recommended for experienced professionals who have a responsibility to lead the implementation of a child safe environment for children and young people. This can include HR professionals, leaders and managers who have prior training or knowledge of child protection. It equips participants to lead child safety reforms within your organisation through the exploration of the practical application of national child safe standards/principles. Participants of this program are provided with a 12-month individual Child Wise Community of Practice membership. This membership provides access to a broad range of resources to support you at work and beyond, and it also includes access to scheduled webinars and events.
The cost for the workshop, including all materials and catering is $780 +GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can run any of our training programs in-house at your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.