Child Safe Organisations is a 1-day program that unpacks the actions that organisations need to take to ensure they are safe for children and fulfill their obligations to meet state and federal Government Child Safe Standards and Principles.
- Child Safe Standards/Principles
- What is child abuse
- Dynamics of offenders
- Context for organisational change
- Reportable Conduct
- Empowering children
- Learn how to build a child safe culture that promotes the empowerment of children and young people in your organisation
- Learn how to strengthen screening, recruitment and selection processes in your organisation to support a child safe culture
- Learn how to implement procedures that encourage an effective response to concerns, allegations or incidences of child abuse
- Understand your organisation's responsibilities within the current legislative context
- Understand the importance of establishing a child safe culture to prevent incidents and mitigate risks
- Learn how to empower children and young people and the importance to see things through their eyes
Who should attend?
This program is for anyone in an organisation in a leadership or management position, or who has responsibility for keeping children safe via a child safeguarding portfolio. Using the national child safety principles, it presents an overview of human resource requirements, policies, procedures and practices that strengthen the capacity of organisations to provide a safe and empowering environment for children and young people.
The cost for the workshop, including all materials and catering is $330 +GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can run any of our training programs in-house at your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.