Please use your direct email address when you register to ensure you receive the link to join the virtual classroom training. If you are making a booking on behalf of other colleagues, please allocate each ticket to their corresponding email address.
The ‘Moving Online – Safe and Engaging Practice’ is a 2-hour virtual classroom training that unpacks the actions that organisations need to take to ensure their move to online service delivery is safe for children. This includes ensuring they meet their obligations under state and federal Government Child Safe Standards and Principles. This training will explore engagement skills and strategies, and how to adapt their child safety focus to remote service delivery.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by 2 experienced Child Wise trainers and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
- Risk management in online service delivery
- Organisational obligations under Principle 8 of the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- Updating policies, procedures and agreements in line with an online safety focus
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the child in an online environment
- Assessing and maintaining engagement with children and young people in an online environment
- Enhance risk management capabilities regarding migration to online platforms and delivery
- Increase skill and confidence to communicate effectively and maintain engagement with families and caregivers
- Learn how to maintain a child safe culture as you navigate online service delivery
- Gain an understanding of how to make livestreaming and other online communication methods safer
- Learn key points about delivering effectively online including the importance of children and young people understanding the rules
Who should attend
Staff and volunteers delivering services that support children and families either directly or indirectly. This virtual training is also recommended for those who manage front-facing staff or who have responsibility for keeping children safe via a child safeguarding portfolio.
The cost of this 2-hour virtual training program is $121 including GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can tailor our virtual training programs for your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.