Child Safe Fundamentals is a 3-hour training that provides an overview of the national principles and where specific state child safe standards fit, depending on where your organisation is located. It aims to assist staff and volunteers to understand the legislative context and how the Principles/Standards apply to their organisation and to their day-to-day work with children and young people.
- Legislative and policy context
- Elements of child safe practice and culture
- Barriers and challenges to creating a child safe environment
- Learnings from the Royal Commission - managing the risks and what constitutes a child safe environment
- Empowering children
- Reportable Conduct
- Learn the elements of child safe practice and culture
- Understand the dynamics of sexual offending and grooming
- Build confidence in responding to incidents, allegations or disclosures of child abuse
Who should attend?
Child Safe Fundamentals is suitable for staff and volunteers who work with children and/or young people and have some prior understanding of child abuse. It aims to build on this knowledge through exploration of the findings of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse and deepen participants’ understanding of how to keep children safe within their organisation.
The cost for the program, including all materials and light refreshments is $165 +GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can run any of our sessions in-house at your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.