Please use your direct email address when you register to ensure you receive the link to join the virtual classroom training. If you are making a booking on behalf of other colleagues, please allocate each ticket to their corresponding email address.
‘The Australian Child Safety Legislative Landscape’ is a 2-hour virtual classroom training program which aims to provide a high-level overview of the main pieces of child safety related legislation for organisations that work or engage with children and young people across the country.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by 2 experienced Child Wise trainers and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- An examination of Australia’s legislative landscape before and after the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- The intersection of policy and legislation
- How to stay up-to-date
- Gain an understanding of key pieces of Australian child safety legislation
- Understand the findings of the Royal Commission and the risks to children within organisations
- Understand your organisation’s responsibilities within the current legislative context
Who should attend
This virtual training program is recommended for experienced professionals who have a responsibility to lead the implementation of a child safe environment for children and young people either directly or indirectly. This can include senior leaders and managers, including CEOs and Board Members, as well as HR professionals who have prior training or knowledge of child protection.
The cost of this 2-hour virtual training program is $121 including GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can tailor our virtual training programs for your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.
Ticket - Virtual Classroom Training: The Australian Child Safety Legislative Landscape - 10 June 2020