Please use your direct email address when you register to ensure you receive the link to join the virtual classroom training. If you are making a booking on behalf of other colleagues, please allocate each ticket to their corresponding email address.
The ‘Meaningful Engagement with Children and Young People’ is a 2-hour virtual classroom training that breaks down the difference between broad engagement with children in the child safety space and practicing meaningful consultation.
This interactive program aims to build the capacity of participants to improve their skills in engaging with children and young people, as well as developing meaningful strategies for planning, facilitating and evaluating consultation with children and young people.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by an experienced Child Wise trainer and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
- Understanding the rights of children and young people
- What does participation and empowerment look like?
- Barriers and challenges
- Building participation and engagement into your organisation
- What do organisations need to consider when designing their approach?
- Meaningful consultation with children and young people: Planning, facilitating and evaluation
- Build understanding of the rights of the child in relation to engagement and consultation
- Increase skill and confidence to engage effectively and maintain engagement with children and young people
- Build confidence in creating safe environments for children and young people to contribute their ideas
- Learn key points about planning and facilitating effective consultation with children and young people
Who should attend
This program is suitable for staff, volunteers and managers from organisations that work with or engage children and young people in their services.
An existing knowledge of the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations is recommended.
Works well with
Child Wise recommends completing the ‘Understanding the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations’ virtual classroom training program prior to attending this session.
The cost of this 2-hour virtual training program is $121 including GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can tailor our virtual training programs for your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.