Creating Child Safe Organisations
Creating Child Safe Organisations is a 1-day training program which aims to provide a comprehensive overview of policies, procedures and practices that strengthen your organisation's capacity to provide a safe and empowering environment for children and young people.
- Brief outline of child abuse, its indicators, prevalence and impact
- Legislative context including the National Child Safety Principles
- Creating a child safe culture
- Developing a child safe policy framework (including a code of conduct)
- Exploration of organisational risk and protective factors
- Promoting best practice in screening, recruitment and selection
- Responding to and reporting child abuse
- Empowerment strategies for children and young people
- Gain an understanding of child abuse and its impact on children and young people
- Understand the findings of the Royal Commission and the risks to children within organisations
- Understand your organisation’s responsibilities within the current legislative context
- Learn how to build a child safe culture that promotes the empowerment of children and young people in your organisation
- Learn how to strengthen screening, recruitment and selection processes in your organisation
- Learn how to implement procedures that encourage an effective response to concerns, allegations or incidences of child abuse
Who should attend?
Staff and volunteers responsible for the implementation of child safe policies and procedures across your organisation.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can run any of our sessions in-house at your organisation, email our training team or call us on 1300 244 539.
To find out when our next Creating Child Safe Organisations public training will be held, please visit our Workshops page.
The cost for the full day program, including all materials and catering is $300 +GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
Ticket - CCSO - 12-Feb-2019 - TAS