Please use your direct email address when you register to ensure you receive the link to join the virtual classroom training. If you are making a booking on behalf of other colleagues, please allocate each ticket to their corresponding email address.
'Building a child safeguarding culture and influencing change' is a 2-hour virtual classroom training program that examines the importance of child safety at every level. It aims to help participants develop an understanding of the tools used to assess their organisation’s maturity on a child safety spectrum. Our facilitators will take attendees through the journey of a child safety officer, examine different operating structures and present tools to help plan a longer-term strategy.
This virtual training program works well in conjunction with our ‘Understanding the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations’ program.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by an experienced Child Wise trainer and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
- Child safety governance and organisational structures
- A whole of organisation approach to resourcing and roles
- Child safety assessment methods
- A long-term approach to implementation
- Learnings and tips from child safety champions, including avoiding burnout
- Learn how to plan for a sustainable, long-term implementation of the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- Gain an understanding of the importance of resourcing requirements and clear governance structures
- Learn the key elements of child safety assessment
- Understand the role of a Child Safety Officer
Who should attend
This virtual training program is recommended for experienced professionals who have a responsibility to lead the implementation of a child safe environment for children and young people. This can include senior leaders and managers, including CEOs and Board Members, as well as HR professionals who have prior training or knowledge of child protection.
The cost of this 2-hour virtual training program is $121 including GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can tailor our virtual training programs for your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.
Ticket - Virtual Classroom Training: Building a child safeguarding culture - 23 FEB 2021