Please use your direct email address when you register to ensure you receive the link to join the virtual classroom training. If you are making a booking on behalf of other colleagues, please allocate each ticket to their corresponding email address.
‘Recognising and Responding to Child Abuse’ is a 2-hour virtual classroom training that aims to help participants understand the various forms of child abuse and neglect. This includes, identifying the signs and indicators of child abuse and how to gain confidence in responding to and reporting any concerns about a child’s safety. The training provides an overview of the legislative context around child safety and mandatory reporting at an introductory level.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by an experienced Child Wise trainer and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
To prevent disruption to fellow participants, no one will be admitted to the training if they are more than 15 mins late. Late arrivals will not be entitled to join another session unless delay was due to a medical reason or CW issue.
- What is child abuse?
- Indicators of child abuse
- Offender behaviour and the ‘grooming’ process
- Responding to, and reporting child abuse
- Legislative context
- Learn how to recognise the physical and behavioural indicators of child abuse
- Understand the impacts of child abuse and neglect
- Understand the dynamics of sexual offending and grooming
- Build confidence and understanding in responding to and reporting incidents, allegations or disclosures of child abuse
Who should attend
Staff and volunteers that work with children and/or young people directly or indirectly, and have had little or no prior knowledge of child abuse.
The cost of this 2-hour virtual training program is $121 including GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can tailor our virtual training programs for your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.