Please use your direct email address when you register to ensure you receive the link to join the virtual classroom training. If you are making a booking on behalf of other colleagues, please allocate each ticket to their corresponding email address.
The 'Beyond Working with Children Checks – Safer Recruitment' is a 2-hour virtual classroom training designed to help participants learn how to apply a child safety lens to each step of the screening and recruitment process. Approaching each recruitment step with a child safe lens will ensure that all parties are clear of your organisation’s expectations and standards and send a strong message about valuing the rights and safety of children and young people.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by an experienced Child Wise trainer and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
- The need for child safe recruitment practice
- Adverts and key child safety indicators in Position Descriptions
- Understanding obligations with outsourcing recruitment and screening practice
- Reference checking, structured employment interviews and other screening strategies
- Learn how to include child safe steps in the application process
- Gain an understanding of why robust child safe recruitment processes are necessary
- Learn key child safety indicators to include in position descriptions
- Build confidence in conducting quality reference checking and exploring red flags
- Understanding what screening strategies are available to ensure child safe recruitment
- Learn how to ask the right interviews questions and identify red flags
Who should attend
This program is suitable for CEOs, People and Culture/Human Resource Managers, Senior Managers as well as other staff that are responsible for recruitment and screening.
The cost of this 2-hour virtual training program is $121 including GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can tailor our virtual training programs for your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.
Ticket - Virtual Classroom Training: Beyond Working with Children Checks – Safer Recruitment - 16 JUN 2021