Please use your direct email address when you register to ensure you receive the link to join the virtual classroom training. If you are making a booking on behalf of other colleagues, please allocate each ticket to their corresponding email address.
‘Leading and Governing a Child Safe Organisation’ is a 2-hour virtual classroom training program that aims to provide managers and executives with an understanding of the key requirements of operating a child safe organisation. This program will focus on governance related risks and exposure, navigating the complex child safety landscape and addressing stakeholder needs, and the barriers and challenges involved in meeting and maintaining high standards of child safety.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by an experienced Child Wise trainer and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
To prevent disruption to fellow participants, no one will be admitted to the training if they are more than 15 mins late. Late arrivals will not be entitled to join another session unless delay was due to a medical reason or CW issue.
Re-scheduling of booked training times will incur an administration fee.
- Understanding child abuse
- Key learnings for leaders from Australia’s Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- The National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- Governance and leadership responsibilities and risks
- Key leadership practice and skills
- Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy and Commitment
- Organisational barriers and challenges
- Exploring the organisational child safety maturity scale
- Understand child abuse related governance risks
- Identify key learnings from the Royal Commission
- Develop a general understanding of the national legislative context
- Understand the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- Identify key governance and leadership responsibilities and obligations
- Recognise barriers and challenges for organisations
- Build confidence in ensuring child safety policy is leading practice
Who should attend
This virtual training program is recommended for:
- Board members/Directors
- Executive teams (C Suite)
Works well with
Child wise recommends completing ‘Understanding the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations’ and ‘Building a Child Safe Culture and Influencing Change’ alongside this virtual training program.
The cost of this 2-hour virtual training program is $121 including GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can tailor our virtual training programs for your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.
Ticket - Virtual Classroom Training: Leading and Governing a Child Safe Organisation - 9 DEC 2021