Please use your direct email address when you register to ensure you receive the link to join the virtual classroom training. If you are making a booking on behalf of other colleagues, please allocate each ticket to their corresponding email address.
‘Managing Child Abuse Disclosures and Concerns’ is a 2.5-hour virtual classroom training program was designed to provide participants with an understanding of reporting requirements and strategies for managing child safety and child protection concerns, incidents and allegations. Three scenarios are used during this session to work through organisational responses to child safety and child protection concerns. Guided by our experienced trainers, participants will work with the scenarios to develop an overall understanding of the following areas:
- reporting to appropriate authorities;
- the importance of providing ongoing support to impacted or affected parties and;
- mitigating and managing immediate and ongoing risks.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by an experienced Child Wise trainer and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
To prevent disruption to fellow participants, no one will be admitted to the training if they are more than 15 mins late. Late arrivals will not be entitled to join another session unless delay was due to a medical reason or CW issue.
Re-scheduling of booked training times will incur an administration fee.
- An overview of key reporting legislation
- Key organisational roles and responsibilities
- Responding to incidents (scenarios):
- involving staff and/or volunteers;
- involving sexually harmful behaviour (between children) and;
- involving families
- Requirements and challenges of providing support for all parties
- Identifying and responding to immediate risks
- Building a culture of continuous improvement
- Build confidence in reporting to the appropriate authorities
- Understand key considerations of providing support to impacted parties
- Build confidence in managing immediate risks to children
- Build capacity in mitigating ongoing risk
- Understand the importance of working toward continuous improvement
Who should attend
This virtual training program is recommended for anyone who works in an organisation or agency that delivers services to families and children and already has an understanding of child abuse, the forms of child abuse and the indicators of child abuse.
Works well with
Child wise recommends completing ‘Recognising and Responding to Child Abuse’ prior to undertaking this virtual training program.
The cost of this 2.5-hour virtual training program is $168.30 including GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can tailor our virtual training programs for your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.
Ticket - Virtual Classroom Training: Managing Child Abuse Disclosures and Concerns - 26 OCT 2022