Please use your direct email address when you register to ensure you receive the link to join the virtual classroom training. If you are making a booking on behalf of other colleagues, please allocate each ticket to their corresponding email address.
The 'Understanding and Managing Child Safety Risks' 2-hour virtual classroom training will explore practical tools and ideas to enhance your organisation’s risk culture and ensure that child safety risk management becomes common practice for everyone. Risk frameworks can be overwhelming, yet understanding how to best identify, assess, mitigate and manage child safety risks within your organisation is key to being child safe.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by an experienced Child Wise trainer and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
To prevent disruption to fellow participants, no one will be admitted to the training if they are more than 15 mins late. Late arrivals will not be entitled to join another session unless delay was due to a medical reason or CW issue.
Re-scheduling of booked training times will incur an administration fee.
- The risk and consequences of harm
- What is my organisation’s child safety risk profile?
- Assessing the risks: What if?
- Including our most important stakeholders: children and young people
- Barriers to the right risk culture
- Reducing the likelihood of harm
- Indicators of success in risk management
- Why we can’t ‘set and forget’
- Gain an understanding of the risk and consequences of harm
- Learn how to define your organisation’s child safety risk profile
- Build confidence in conducting risk assessments
- Learn methods to include all stakeholders in assessing and mitigating risks
- Recognise barriers to the right risk culture in your organisation
- Learn how to reduce the likelihood of harm to children and young people
- Develop a general understanding of indicators of success and the importance of ongoing risk management
Who should attend
Operational staff involved in running services for children and young people. This virtual training is also recommended for those who manage front-facing staff or who have responsibility for keeping children safe via a child safeguarding portfolio, including CEOs, Senior Managers and Risk Managers.
The cost of this 2-hour virtual training program is $135.30 including GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can tailor our virtual training programs for your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.
Ticket - Virtual Classroom Training: Understanding and Managing Child Safety Risks - 20 OCT 2022