Aim of training
Child Wise's Creating Child Safe Organisations program takes an innovative approach to prevention that minimises the risk of child abuse within organisations working with children. This program provides participants with vital knowledge and skills to build and maintain a child safe environment, and contributes to an organisations aims to meet their duty of care obligations.
What are the learning outcomes?
Upon completion of this program participants will have an understanding of:
- Relevant national and state legislation.
- A deeper understanding of child abuse and the impact on children.
- The dynamics of sex offender behaviour and the grooming process.
- How to create safer environments that minimise the risk of child abuse.
- Best practice in child safe recruitment and selection.
- How to respond and manage concerns or complaints of child abuse.
Who should attend?
staff and volunteers who work with children and young people. e.g.
schools, sporting organisations, childcare centres, residential care,
foster care recruitment, mentoring programs.
The cost for the full day program is $400 + gst. This includes all materials, handouts and catering.