Creating Child Safety Champions
Creating Child Safety Champions is an intensive 2-day training program designed to give you the skills and knowledge to lead a child safeguarding portfolio or reform in your organisation.
- Brief overview of child abuse, its indicators, prevalence and impact
- Findings and learnings from the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- The child protection/child safeguarding legislative and policy context in Australia
- Practical application of the Child Safety Principles in an organisational environment
- Principle 1: Leadership, governance and culture
- Principle 2: Children's participation and empowerment
- Principle 3: Families and community involvement
- Principle 4: Equity and diverse needs
- Principle 5: Human resource management
- Principle 6: Child focused complaints process
- Principle 7: Staff education and training
- Principle 8: Physical and online environments
- Principle 9: Review and continuous improvement
- Principle 10: Child safe policies and procedures.
- Become a child safety champion for your organisation
- Understand legislative and policy requirements around child abuse prevention, identification, responding and reporting
- Learn how to meet the Child Safe Principles in your organisation
- Identify steps to build and embed a child safe organisational mindset in your organisation
Who should attend?
This comprehensive training program is recommended for Child Safety Officers and other professionals that have a responsibility to lead the implementation of a child safe environment for children and young people. It equips participants to lead child safety reforms within their organisation through exploration of the practical application of child safe standards and principles. Participants are able to join our Child Safety Community of Practice and get access to a broad range of resources to support their work.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can run any of our sessions in-house at your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.
To find out when our next Creating Child Safety Champions public training session is, visit the Workshops page.
The cost for the workshop, including all materials and catering is $600 +GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.
Ticket - Creating-Child-Safety-Champions - 29 Apr 2019 - VIC