Listen Up is a 3-hour training program which aims to help you empower children and young people to speak up about what makes them feel safe or unsafe in an organisation. This training aims to unpack Standard 2: Children’s participation and empowerment of the 10 Child Safe Standards recommended by the Royal Commission, and help you implement it in your organisation. Children that are more assertive and vocal in expressing their opinions are less vulnerable to abuse. The training will also work through how to respond to disclosures of abuse from children or young people who may be experiencing harm.
- The Royal Commission findings and recommendations
- Unpacking Standard 2: Children’s participation and empowerment
- Engaging children in decisions that affect them in your organisation
- Building child participation
- Child friendly complaints processes
- Managing disclosures of child abuse
- Learn how to empower children to speak up and participate in your organisation
- Understand how to implement Standard 2 in your organisation
- Understand your responsibility in preventing and responding to abuse
- Build confidence in responding to and reporting child abuse
Who should attend?
Listen Up is suitable for staff and volunteers that work with children and/or young people. Prior training or knowledge of child abuse is recommended, but not required.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can run any of our sessions in-house at your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.
To find out when our next Listen Up public training session is, visit the Workshops page.
The cost for the program, including materials and light refreshments is $150 +GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.