Creating Child Safe Organisations is a 1 day training program which aims to provide a comprehensive overview of policies, procedures and practices that strengthen your organisation's capacity to provide a safe and empowering environment for children and young people.
- Brief outline of child abuse, its indicators, prevalence and impact
- Legislative context including the Victorian Child Safe Standards
- Creating a child safe culture
- Developing a child safe policy framework (including a code of conduct)
- Exploration of organisational risk and protective factors
- Promoting best practice in screening, recruitment and selection
- Responding to and reporting child abuse
- Empowerment strategies for children and young people
What are the learning outcomes?
- Understanding of child abuse and its impact on children and young people
- An understanding of your organisation's responsibilities within the current legislative context
- Building a child safe culture that promotes the empowerment of children and young people in your organisation
- How to develop and implement a child safe policy and code of conduct in your organisation
- How to strengthen screening, recruitment and selection processes in your organisation
- Procedures that encourage effective response to concerns, allegations or incidences of child abuse
Who should attend?
Staff and volunteers responsible for the implementation of child safe policies and procedures across your organisation.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can run any of our sessions in-house at your organisation, email our Training team or call the office on 03 9826 6344
To find out when our next Creating Child Safe Organisations public training will be held, please visit our Upcoming Training page
The cost for the full day program, including all materials and catering
is $400 +GST.