Speak Up is an introductory training program which aims to provide awareness and understanding of child abuse with a focus on how to prevent, recognise and respond to instances of abuse. This program runs for 3 hours.
- What is child abuse?
- Indicators of child abuse
- Offender behaviour and the grooming process
- Legislative context, including the Victorian Child Safe Standards
- Reporting child abuse
What are learning outcomes?
- How to recognise the physical and behavioural indicators of child abuse
- Understanding the grooming process and how sex offenders can target children and young people
- Understanding your responsibility in preventing and responding to abuse
- Build confidence in responding to and reporting child abuse
Who should attend?
Staff and volunteers who work with or have contact with children.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can run any of our sessions in-house at your organisation, email our Training team or call the office on 03 9826 6344
To find out when our next Speak Up public training will be held, please visit our Upcoming Training page
The cost for the program, including all materials and light refreshments is $120 +GST.