Aim of training
This three day program provides participants with the knowledge and skills to communicate key messages on child safety and child abuse prevention. Participants are empowered to foster a child safe culture within their organisation. This comprehensive program educates participants about how to recognise and respond to child abuse, and teaches them the building blocks for developing a child safe organisation. On the final day of the program participants are given the opportunity to consolidate their learning and practice their newly developed skills.
What are the learning outcomes?
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will have an understanding of:
• How to recognise the indicators of abuse and understand the impact it has on children and young people.
• Offender behavior and the ‘grooming’ process.
• Reporting child abuse - HOW, WHY and WHAT is your responsibility.
• How to respond and manage concerns or allegations of child abuse.
• Victorian Child Safe Standards.
• Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse Child Safe Standards.
• Legislative context and requirements.
• How to develop a child protection policy and code of conduct.
• Best practice in child safe recruitment and selection.
• How to best communicate key messages of child safety and foster a child safe culture in their organisation.
The cost for the 3 day program is $1,800 +gst. This includes handouts and catering, as well as all resource materials for participants to be able to conduct child safety presentations and workshops within their organisation.
Please note there is a minimum of two attendees per organisation (unless colleagues from your organisation have already attended this training)