If you are 16-22, live in Australia and want to help make your community a safer place for children and young people, you are invited to apply for the role of a Child Wise young person advisor – new paid positions. We are looking for a diverse range of young people from all backgrounds who are open to working as a team to help Child Wise continuously improve its work to make sure children and young people across Australia and the world are safe. This will involve being a part of projects, sharing your ideas, challenging us if you feel we could do better, and learning heaps of new things that we hope will help you are on your own career pathway.
We are looking for motivated young people who are keen to make a difference. No experience is necessary, but a willingness to meet new people and share ideas is key.
Meetings will be held virtually every month from February 2022 and projects on an as needed basis.
Advisor positions are for 2 years.
Who is Child Wise?
We work all over Australia and the world, to empower organisations with everything possible to prevent children ever being abused or harmed. This means safety from abuse and harm by adults or even other children in the organisation. It also means safety from unintended consequences or actions by organisations that harm children. If you want the long version, click here.
We believe young people are experts in their own lives and experiences.
Why join our Youth Advisory Group?
- Have your voice heard on issues that affect you and have that voice amplified
- Be involved in young person led activities with purpose and meaning
- Learn new skills and create new ideas
- Develop youth led best practice
- Join peers in group activities
- Develop problem solving skills and gain confidence in community engagement processes
- Be supported to develop new skills such as leadership, public speaking, advocacy and marketing
- Gain experience that you can add to your CV
To apply for the role please either send us an email or video that tells us a little about you? Some ideas for you to include are:
- Why you would like to be on the Child Wise Youth Advisory Board?
- What skills and experience you bring?
- Do you have any experience in or willingness to do public speaking (not needed for all roles)?
- What changes would you like to see organisations make to keep children safe from harm?
- What are your interests, hobbies and talents?
- Anything else you’d like us to know.
Please send emails or videos to email@example.com by November 12 and include your name, age, address and contact details.
As part of the recruitment process some applicants will be asked to attend an interview. Approximately 10 young people will be asked to be the founding members of the Child Wise Youth Advisory Board starting in February 2022 (all positions will need Working With Children Checks and reference checks).
If you have any questions please contact Sophie or Mandy by phone on 03 8373 0493 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Wise celebrates, values and includes people of all backgrounds, genders, sexualities, cultures, bodies and abilities.