Child Wise Terms and Conditions
1. Agreement between you and Child Wise
These terms and conditions govern your access to and use of this website, registration in a Child Wise training program and use of training materials, and your membership of the Child Wise Community of Practice.
Your use of this website, registration in a Child Wise training program, use of training materials obtained through Child Wise, or membership of the Child Wise Community of Practice, constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions.
2. Intellectual Property
We encourage you to use the materials on this website, training materials obtained through Child Wise, and materials obtained through the Child Wise Community of Practice (‘Child Wise’s Materials’), to educate yourself and others.
However, except where otherwise stated, the intellectual property in Child Wise’s Materials and in all other documents, information, data, images, logos and trademarks that we provide to you, is owned by or licensed to Child Wise and all rights are reserved. Any such content may be displayed and printed solely for your personal, non-commercial use within your organisation. You agree not to copy, reproduce, adapt, transmit, broadcast, make available, redistribute, publish or otherwise deal with any part of Child Wise’s Materials, including photos on this website, to any third party without our express prior written consent.
If you want to use any of Child Wise’s Materials for commercial purposes, including creating a link to any part of our website for commercial purposes, you need special permission before doing so. Please contact us.
You must not use Child Wise’s trademark, service mark or logo (or any related documents or materials), or do anything to prejudice Child Wise’s rights in relation to such trademarks, service marks or logos.
3. Your obligations
You must only use Child Wise’s Materials in accordance with these terms and conditions and at all times in accordance with all laws applicable to you.
You agree to indemnify us in respect of any claim, liability, loss, damage, cost (including any legal cost) or expense which we may suffer or incur as a direct or indirect result of your wilful or negligent act or omission with regard to your use of Child Wise’s Materials, or any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
4. Connecting with others
5. Electronic payment
This website incorporates an electronic payment option for registration in Child Wise training programs and Child Wise Community of Practice membership. The provision by us and use by you of the electronic payment option on this website are subject to these terms and conditions.
6. Virus warning
We do not warrant that any data (including any file) obtained through the website or the Child Wise Community of Practice is free from computer viruses or other faults or defects. It is your responsibility to ensure that you use appropriate virus scanning software. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused (whether negligently or otherwise) by any virus transmitted through the website or the Child Wise Community of Practice.
7. Tracking your use
8. Website disclaimer
We do not guarantee that the website will be accessible at all times, or that access to and use of the website will be uninterrupted, secure, timely or error free. While we attempt to ensure that the information and data provided on or via the website is correct, we cannot guarantee its reliability, accuracy or completeness.
We do not review any content posted by users of this website prior to posting and we take no responsibility for any such content. The views of users of this website are not necessarily endorsed by us or reflective of our views.
We may share links to websites produced by third parties. Child Wise does not take any responsibility for the content of these websites and does not guarantee their accuracy or reliability.
9. Child Wise Community of Practice disclaimer
We do not control the members of the Child Wise Community of Practice. The views of members of the Child Wise Community of Practice, however expressed, including verbally or in writing, are not necessarily endorsed by us or reflective of our views.
10. Exclusion of liability
We will not be liable for any Loss arising from, or relating, to these terms and conditions or Child Wise’s Materials, including, without limitation, any Loss arising from:
- your use or non-use of the website;
- any failure of Child Wise’s Materials to be fit for the purpose for which you intend to use them;
- unauthorised use of your user name or password for the Child Wise Community of Practice;
- your reliance on information contained in Child Wise’s Materials or otherwise provided by us to you (including any action taken by you as a result of any such information);
- information posted on the website, including through the Child Wise Community of Practice or communications to you from other users of the website or other members of the Child Wise Community of Practice (whether verbally or in writing);
- inaccuracy or incompleteness of any information contained in Child Wise’s Materials;
- temporary or permanent unavailability of the website or any materials on it;
- defects in, or problems with, any computer system or communication link; or
- any computer virus or other program device which could damage or interfere with data, hardware or software.
Except for those which are expressly specified in these terms and conditions, all warranties, conditions and representations (including those that are implied) relating to this website and any information on it or available through it, including Child Wise’s Materials, are, to the maximum extent permitted by law, excluded.
11. Refund terms and conditions
- Registration for training that is cancelled 14 days prior to the training will be refunded in full. Registration for training that is cancelled between 7-14 days prior to the training will be charged a cancellation fee of 30% of the registration fee. No refund will be provided for registrations cancelled within 7 days prior to the training or for any registrant who fails to attend training without prior written notification. Registrants may nominate a replacement delegate to attend the training in their place provided such request is made in writing before the event.
- Child Wise Community of Practice membership is non-transferable and no refund will be provided for membership registrations cancelled during the membership year. Any cancellation of Child Wise Community of Practice membership must be provided in writing.
- All fees for training and Child Wise Community of Practice membership are GST inclusive unless otherwise indicated.
- All tax invoices are generated upon payment and emailed to the registrant or payee.
- Child Wise reserves the right to cancel or postpone training without notice. All registered participants affected by the change will be offered the opportunity to, at their election, transfer to the next available training or receive a full refund.
- Except in relation to the date of the training, Child Wise reserves the right to vary any aspect of a Child Wise training program without notice and refund.
12. Privacy and confidentiality
We will use reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information private. We may however from time to time use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers and services.
You must keep confidential all information provided by us to you of a confidential nature and must not disclose or use that information for any purposes other than that for which it was provided.
13. Entire terms and conditions
These terms and conditions incorporate the entire understanding between you and us with respect to the subject matter of this agreement and supersedes all prior oral and written communications and proposals.
We may from time to time vary or amend these terms and conditions by posting changes to these terms and conditions on the website.
14. Governing law
This agreement is governed by the laws in force in Victoria, Australia and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia and any courts which may hear appeals from those courts in respect of any proceedings in connection with or arising out of this agreement or the website.
Last updated January 2020