Kids Speak Conferencing is a world first method of engaging and empowering children and young people to voice their opinion, provide feedback and participate in the organisations where they spend time (e.g. schools, clubs, children and youth services). Our Kids Speak program can be delivered within your organisation to engage children and young people to contribute their views about how policies, practices and culture impacts on them.
How the Kids Speak Conference works
The program involves the facilitation of a series of interactive sessions tailored to your organisation, that are designed to:
- Open up a dialogue with children and young people about child safety within your organisation;
- Encourage feedback from children and young people about the organisation’s physical space;
- Encourage feedback from children and young people about the organisation’s approach to working with children;
- Empower children and young people to participate in the child safety process and contribute their ideas; and
- Ensure children and young people know how to seek help within your organisation.
Child Wise will then collate the feedback and insights gathered during the Kids Speak program in a user-friendly report, making recommendations for the continued improvement of the organisation’s child safety infrastructure, including policies and procedures, risk management frameworks and complaints and feedback processes.
Is Kids Speak Conferencing right for my organisation?
Our expert advisors can help you assess the needs of your staff and your organisation. Contact us to find out more.