Child Wise is a pioneer in child safety for organisations. We provide child protection training for all organisations where children and young people spend time. This includes organisations that offer art, culture and recreational activities, such as museums, theme parks and music festivals.
We are a social enterprise within a global not-for-profit Save the Children and have been working with organisations to create a safe environment for children and young people for 30 years.
Organisations that work with and for children are entrusted to protect and nurture their wellbeing.
If your organisation provides sports, recreational or cultural events and activities where children may be present as visitors or participants, it is recommended that you have appropriate child safeguarding mechanisms in place to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse demonstrated that for many children, families and communities this trust was broken, with profound long-lasting impacts.
It has been nearly a year since the Australian government endorsed the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations, as the founding pillars of a national approach to child safeguarding, in response to the recommendations from the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
Take your organisation from compliance to best practice in child safety with Child Wise, pioneers in child safeguarding, and make sure you are an organisation of choice.
How Child Wise can help your organisation become child safe
Child Wise can help you build the capacity of your leadership team, staff and volunteers to ensure your organisation meets state-specific requirements and national child safety principles, and is effective in ensuring the safety of children and young people in your care.
What we do:
- Child Safety Training – We deliver child safety training programs to leadership teams, staff and volunteers that work or engage with children and young people in their workplace.
- Community of Practice - We provide ongoing support to Child Safety Officers or anyone with a child safeguarding portfolio in your organisation via webinars, policy updates, networking opportunities with peers, consultation with our expert advisors, and more.
- Child Wise Consulting – We provide tailored consulting services designed to help your organisation strengthen its child safety practice. This may include undertaking a child safety review of your organisation to identify gaps and strengths and supporting you in developing an improvement plan or child safe policies, procedures and processes as needed.
- Child Wise Accreditation – We offer Child Wise Accreditation to organisations that work with children and can demonstrate that their policies, processes and culture are consistently child safe. Child Wise accredits against a child safe organisations framework that is strongly based on the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations (National Principles).
- Coaching Services – We have a variety of coaching packages on offer that organisations can choose from to meet their needs. A vast library of tools and resources is available to support organisations on their child safe journey, as well as monthly coaching sessions for the leadership team.
Why choose Child Wise for your organisation?
Child Wise can assist art, culture and recreational organisations in ways to encourage a child safe culture and mindset with all staff and volunteers and the local community. Our advisors have experience in understanding the complexities organisations face of not only embedding the National Principles or Standards into areas such as early years, maternal health, sport and recreation and youth work, but also into overarching risk policies, procurement, grants, waste management, events and more.
- We are pioneers in developing a child safety standards model as a best practice approach to keeping children safe.
- We have nearly 30 years of experience in child safeguarding and have a national footprint, with State and Territory Managers across the country.
- We tailor our services to the needs of your organisations and the context that you work in – for us at Child Wise there is no one-size-fits-all approach.
- Our consulting and accreditation services are modular, and your organisation can pick and choose what works best for you specifically.
Child Wise have been incredibly useful and informative for us: they’ve also been extremely supportive and practical. I really didn’t know where to start with getting our organisation compliant and working in the best possible way with our young people. They’ve been terrific