Beyond Working with Children Checks - Safer Recruitment
The 'Beyond Working with Children Checks – Safer Recruitment' is a 2-hour virtual classroom training designed to help participants learn how to apply a child safety lens to each step of the screening and recruitment process. Approaching each recruitment step with a child safe lens will ensure that all parties are clear of your organisation’s expectations and standards and send a strong message about valuing the rights and safety of children and young people.
- The need for child safe recruitment practice
- Adverts and key child safety indicators in Position Descriptions
- Understanding obligations with outsourcing recruitment and screening practice
- Reference checking, structured employment interviews and other screening strategies
In this virtual training session you will learn how to:
- Include child safe steps in the application process
- Gain an understanding of why robust child safe recruitment processes are necessary
- Learn key child safety indicators to include in position descriptions
- Build confidence in conducting quality reference checking and exploring red flags
- Understanding what screening strategies are available to ensure child safe recruitment
- Learn how to ask the right interview questions and identify red flags
Who is this training right for?
This program is suitable for CEOs, People and Culture/Human Resource Managers, Senior Managers as well as other staff that are responsible for recruitment and screening.
The cost of this 2-hour virtual training program is $135.30 including GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.