We can help your organisation meet the essentials of child safeguarding.
One of the first steps to ensuring that children and young people are safe while they spend time in your organisation is to have a suite of child safeguarding policy and procedures.
It is important that your organisation's policy and procedures meet best practice standards as well as the regulated and legislated requirements where you operate.
'One-size fits all' policy and procedures do not work. Child Wise provides tailored support to help your organisation review and strengthen child safeguarding policies and procedures along with recruitment, complaints and reporting policies and procedures. We invest time in understanding the operational context of your organisation to ensure that our advice is practical and fit-for-purpose.
It is essential that your organisation has clear roles and responsibilities for implementing these policies and procedures. We can support you to understand the child safeguarding functions required across your organisation, as well as ensuring that key responsibilities and accountabilities are defined.
We can review or develop child safeguarding recruitment procedures and processes, ensuring that the people who work with children and young people in your organisation are suitable and trained.
It is crucial that your organisation understands its child safeguarding risk profile and identifies required next steps to create conditions that decrease the likelihood of abuse occurring.
We work to ensure that your organisation has clear and robust processes that ensure all concerns, disclosures, allegations or suspicions of harm are responded to appropriately.
Once you have the essentials in place, Child Wise can assist your organisation in continuing to mature its child safeguarding approach and meet all of the standards to be a child safe organisation.
Child Wise can support your organisation by undertaking some or all of the following:
- Review, develop and/or co-design tailored child safeguarding Statement of Commitment, Code of Conduct and Policy for your organisation.
- Support your organisation to understand and plan for a child safeguarding structure that delivers on your Child Safeguarding Policy intentions.
- Work with your organisation to understand its child safeguarding risk profile and identify required next steps to create conditions that decrease the likelihood of harm occurring and increase the likelihood of identifying any harm.
- Review or develop child safeguarding recruitment procedures and processes, ensuring people working with children and young people are suitable and trained to implement your child safeguarding policy.
- Review or develop child safeguarding reporting procedures that ensure your organisation has processes in place to respond appropriately to concerns, disclosures, allegations or suspicions of harm.
- We also offer a range of trainings to complement these essential child safeguarding requirements. You can find the full list here.
If your organisation has engaged Child Wise to conduct a Child Safeguarding Review, the development of policies, procedures, strategies and systems will be informed by the findings and recommendations of the review.
Contact us for more information about Child Safeguarding Essentials