Your organisation may opt to engage Child Wise to support with capacity building, although this is optional for Accreditation.
Additional services that Child Wise can offer organisations include:
1. Policy development
Child Wise can support your organisation by:
- Reviewing and editing draft policy and procedure documents; and
- Developing documents e.g. policies, procedures, strategies, tailored to the organisational context.
2. Child safety organisational framework
An organisational child safeguarding framework can be developed that is specific to your organisation. The framework will integrate all child safety policy requirements and will be informed by the outcome of the Child Safety Review if one was undertaken.
The framework can also include a compliance table that sets out examples of what the organisation needs to have in place in order to achieve the relevant child safety standards.
3. Child safety training
Child Wise can deliver training to your staff in-house at your organisation or through our virtual training. We are in the process of finalising our virtual classroom training packages.
In-house training is recommended for organisations that need to train groups of staff and volunteers, or the board/leadership team. In-house training can be delivered in its standard format or customised to suit your organisational needs and context. The training provided includes state-based and national legislation that applies to you.
Click here for more information on the training programs available.
4. Improving engagement with children and young people
Child Wise can support your organisation to more effectively empower and promote the participation of children and young people in your organisation, through consulting or coaching, or a combination of both.
This includes support to:
- Creatively and meaningfully engage children and young people in your organisation;
- Create opportunities for children and young people to become involved in organisational development;
- Consult with and seek the views of children and young people;
- Develop child and young person friendly policies, procedures and processes.
5. Embedded model
Child Wise can support your organisation’s capacity building by embedding one of our Child Wise Advisors in your organisation one day per week over the course of 3-12 months. The Child Wise Advisor can offer valuable expertise as your organisation continues its journey along the child safety continuum.