Understanding and Managing Child Safety Risks
The 'Understanding and Managing Child Safety Risks' 2-hour virtual classroom training will explore practical tools and ideas to enhance your organisation’s risk culture and ensure that child safety risk management becomes common practice for everyone. Risk frameworks can be overwhelming, yet understanding how to best identify, assess, mitigate and manage child safety risks within your organisation is key to being child safe.
- The risk and consequences of harm
- What is my organisation’s child safety risk profile?
- Assessing the risks: What if?
- Including our most important stakeholders: children and young people
- Barriers to the right risk culture
- Reducing the likelihood of harm
- Indicators of success in risk management
- Why we can’t ‘set and forget’
In this virtual training session you will learn how to:
- Gain an understanding of the risk and consequences of harm
- Learn how to define your organisation’s child safety risk profile
- Build confidence in conducting risk assessments
- Learn methods to include all stakeholders in assessing and mitigating risks
- Recognise barriers to the right risk culture in your organisation
- Learn how to reduce the likelihood of harm to children and young people
- Develop a general understanding of indicators of success and the importance of ongoing risk management
Who is this training right for?
This program is recommended for operational staff involved in running services for children and young people. This virtual training is also recommended for those who manage front-facing staff or who have responsibility for keeping children safe via a child safeguarding portfolio, including CEOs, Senior Managers and Risk Managers.
The cost of this 2-hour virtual training program is $135.30 including GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.