Managing Child Abuse Disclosures and Concerns
‘Managing Child Abuse Disclosures and Concerns’ is a 2.5-hour virtual classroom training program designed to provide participants with an understanding of reporting requirements and strategies for managing child safety and child protection concerns, incidents and allegations. Three scenarios are used during this session to work through organisational responses to child safety and child protection concerns. Guided by our experienced trainers, participants will work with the scenarios to develop an overall understanding of the following areas:
reporting to appropriate authorities
the importance of providing ongoing support to impacted or affected parties and
mitigating and managing immediate and ongoing risks.
- An overview of key reporting legislation
- Key organisational roles and responsibilities
- Responding to incidents (scenarios):
1. involving staff and/or volunteers
2. involving sexually harmful behaviour (between children) and
3. involving families
- Requirements and challenges of providing support for all parties
- Identifying and responding to immediate risks
- Building a culture of continuous improvement
In this virtual training session you will learn how to:
- Build confidence in reporting to the appropriate authorities
- Understand key considerations of providing support to impacted parties
- Build confidence in managing immediate risks to children
- Build capacity in mitigating ongoing risk
- Understand the importance of working toward continuous improvement
Who is this virtual training session right for?
This virtual training program is recommended for anyone who works in an organisation or agency that delivers services to families and children and already has an understanding of child abuse, the forms of child abuse and the indicators of child abuse.
This training session works well as a follow-up from our ‘Recognising and Responding to Child Abuse’ virtual online training. We also recommend that those who have little to no prior experience in this area attend our ‘Recognising and Responding to Child Abuse’ online training prior to completing this session.
The cost of this 2-hour 30-minute virtual training program is $168 including GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.