Creating Child Safety Champions:
Creating Child Safety Champions is an intensive, face to face 2-day training program held in Melbourne, designed to give you the skills and knowledge to lead a child safeguarding portfolio or reform in your organisation. This comprehensive training program will be hosted on February 13th and 14th, and is recommended for Child Safety Officers, Champions and other professionals that have a responsibility to lead the implementation of a child safe environment for children and young people. It equips participants to lead child safety reforms within their organisation. through exploration of the practical application of child safe standards and principles.
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- An examination of Australia’s legislative landscape before and after the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- The intersection of policy and legislation
- How to stay up-to-date
- Gain an understanding of key pieces of Australian child safety legislation
- Understand the findings of the Royal Commission and the risks to children within organisations
- Understand your organisation’s responsibilities within the current legislative context
Who should attend
Child Safety Officers, Champions and other professionals that have a responsibility to lead the implementation of a child safe environment for children and young people.
The cost of this 2-day training program is $975 plus GST.
- You are eligible for a full refund if cancellation occurs 14 days prior to training.
- 30% of the training costs will be charged if cancellation occurs between 7-14 days prior to training.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations within 7 days prior to training.