Child Wise can collaborate with your organisation to help deliver improvements in child safety practice. Available services include:
1. Policy development
Child Wise can support your organisation by:
- Reviewing and editing draft policy and procedure documents; and
- Developing documents e.g. policies, procedures, strategies, tailored to the organisational context.
2. Child Safety Organisational Framework
An organisational child safeguarding framework can be developed that is specific to your organisation. The framework will integrate all child safety policy requirements and will be informed by the outcome of the Child Safety Review if one was undertaken.
3. Child Safety Training
Child Wise can deliver training to your staff in-house at your organisation or through our virtual training. We are in the process of finalising our virtual classroom training packages.
Please click here if you are interested in virtual training.
In-house training is recommended for organisations that need to train groups of staff and volunteers, or the board/leadership team. In-house training can be delivered in its standard format or customised to suit your organisational needs and context. The training provided includes state-based and national legislation that applies to you.
Click here for more information on the training programs available.
Child Wise can offer your key child safety staff access to our Child Wise Community of Practice which gives them the opportunity to attend our webinar series and receive regular policy updates, good practice guides and other resources to support their work.
5. Embedded model
Child Wise can support your organisation’s capacity building by embedding one of our Child Wise Advisors in your organisation one day per week over the course of 3-12 months. The Child Wise Advisor can offer valuable expertise as your organisation continues its journey along the child safety continuum.
- Build the capacity of staff, volunteers and managers to prevent, recognise and respond appropriately to child abuse concerns or incidents.
- Develop policies, procedures, and resources that will enable your organisation to strengthen child safe practice.
- Facilitate change that will embed an organisational culture of child safety and reduce risk to children and young people.
- Increase knowledge and understanding of organisational child safety in Australia.
- Ensure a common understanding of legislative requirements, research and guidance.